Anyone who knows me, knows that I absolutely love where I live. Charleston has so much to offer! Great food, scenery, festivals, museums, it’s so hard to narrow it down! And let me tell you, we enjoy every weekend we can exploring! We are always on the go, trying new places, eating new food, and seeing new sights.
But there are still a few places that’s I live to revisit and frequent often. I am going to give you my favorite places that I love to walk!
5. Caw Caw Interpretive Center- A little outside of Charleston, this park was old rice fields turned into a park. It’s quiet, rustic, and you can see great wildlife including alligators (my favorite!) egrets, otters, and eagles. They also have a beautiful raised deck through part of the swamp that’s very pretty to see.
4. Whitepoint Gardens – Now, you know it would be wrong to not have a downtown location! Sometimes, we just pick a random street downtown, park and walk around the streets of the historical district. Others, we love to walk around the battery and the park!
3. Magnolia Plantation – My favorite plantation! Y’all, this place is just gorgeous in the Spring! There is so many trails, and a great spot to see gorgeous flowers, alligators, birds, and other wildlife.
2. Folly Beach and Pier – Of course there’s a beach spot! While I love all of our beaches here, there is something special about Folly. We often go have dinner with our puppies and then take them for a walk down the beach, all within parking distance!
1. Mt. Pleasant Waterfront Park – My favorite spot! I absolutely love walking down this pier. Gorgeous views of the Ravenel Bridge, swings, water, and it’s free! It’s a great place to end a date night, or just hang out.